Search This Blog

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Baby blankets for South Africa

This is off my usual posts but I really wanted to share this and with this project I will be using a lot of yarn! 
Key of Hope Unlocking the future of Africa.. Check them out for more information on there mission 
A couple from my church just recently went to work with Key of Hope  at the end of last year.
And before they left I gave them my email and told if they had a need for crocheted item let me know.
Just before Christmas  I received an email asking if I could help meet a need for handmade baby blankets  there 11 Crèche (means center)  with anywhere between 5 and 40 babies in each..
So I am on a mission with help from all God provides (people, supplies, donations) to make and collect as many handmade baby blanket, wraps, cocoon  as we can by end of February first of March
What a blessing it is to help someone in need!
*Update *
Thank you to the lovely ladies that help me.. Our first batch of blankets are on there way to Key of Hope  we sent 75 blankets this time.. PRAISE GOD! I added so pictures of some of the blankets below.

No comments:

Post a Comment