Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

To knit or not to knit.. That is the question

So I am a looong time crocheter.. I have dabbled with knitting at different times over the years but always went back to crochet.. It is  quicker, and I feel I can be more creative 😊.
Then my preteen daughter started asking me to teach here. Mind you she is still learning crochet lol.  Then a friend asked me why I didn't knit. So after a lot  of thought I took my own advice and went to YouTube and see if what I had called knitting was truly knitting. I love YouTube❣️
After telling my daughter not to give up on things she don't know how to do. I am glad I gave it another try again to find out I can learn to knit.
This is what I have done in the last few days.. This is the garter stitch (I believe, newbie here;-) ) 
I do have to say I really like using bamboo knitting needles. I use a 19 plastic needle on the scarf and a 10 on the wash. Cloths. 
I just may have to do a review on the different types on needles after I get  more knitting under my belt. 
But don't worry I will still be crocheting 💜
This is one of the prayer shawls I have made in the last couple of weeks😊☝️

No comments:

Post a Comment